Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or minimum 5 years of comparable experience
- Minimum of 4 years total VMWare and Oracle VM administration experience. (Implement, Upgrade, Support, Maintain).
- Preferred - Oracle Private Cloud Appliance 2017 Certified Implementation Specialist
- Preferred - Oracle VM 2.0/3.0 for x86 Certified Implementation Specialist
- Preferred - VMware Certified Professional 5 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP5-DCV)
- Preferred - Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Experience implementing/administering Oracle VM
- Experience implementing/administering Oracle Private Cloud Appliance
- Experience administering Oracle ZFS Storage Appliance
- Experience administering NetApp Clustered DataONtap
- Experience working with formal architecture methodologies (ITIL)
- Administration skills for a complex 24x7 large environments
- Experience in a Linux based environment
- Experience in a Windows based environment
- Hands-on installation, upgrade, production support
- Adherence to processes and understanding the importance of documentation is required.
- Language – English Intermediate level of knowledge
- Math –Intermediate level of knowledge
- Reasoning –Intermediate level of knowledge
- Self-starter who is able to work independently while supporting the needs of the team
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, ability to communicate to executive level management
- Customer service, time management and personal motivation
- Must be able to adapt to changing technology needs to stay at the forefront on leading IT systems and solutions.
- Must be able to respond quickly and handle solving problems under pressure while at the same time maintaining a high level of professionalism and courtesy.
- Be able to articulate complex and technical issues in a clear and meaningful way.
Quanta Services is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other protected characteristic, in accordance with governing law.