Required Education and Experience:
- Associate degree in Computer Science or other related discipline and 2 – 3 years of experience.
- Cisco CCNA certification can be accepted in lieu of education in combination with experience over 3 years.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other related discipline and 0 – 3 years of experience.
Licenses / Certifications:
- Cisco CCNA certification or higher preferred.
- Good understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools (Solarwinds or PRTG and Netflow)
- Implement policy based routing and use it with IP SLA for failover purposes
- Implement and troubleshoot L2,3 QOS
- Configure & Troubleshoot WAN – MPLS, MPLS/VPN, MPLS-GRE & BGP
- Knowledge of Cisco ISE and ACS
- Knowledge of Cisco Call Manager
- Configure & Troubleshoot IPSec VPN, AAA Architecture, TACACS+, RADIUS
- Configuring/Troubleshooting Routing protocols – EIGRP, OSPF, BGP
- WCCP traffic redirection in support of Websense
- Familiar with and troubleshoot Cisco WLC and Cisco Prime
- Implement and troubleshoot CISCO Routers, switches and Firewalls using all routing and switching protocols and features
- Nexus OS 7k, 5k and 2 k configure and troubleshoot Data Center switches
- Implement and troubleshoot CUCM (Cisco Unified Communication Manager X, 9.X 11X)
- Self-starter who is able to work independently while supporting the needs of the team.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to gather information, eager to learn and apply knowledge with limited supervision.
- Ability to work effectively with multi-functional teams and diverse customer population.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with company leaders and MNA.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and under short timelines.