- Minimum 10 years of direct experience in project accounting and controls for large complex construction and EPC type projects.
- Operational / Field experience in electric transmission and distribution and / or Oil & Gas operations considered an asset.
- Proven large project construction/EPC financial management experience including WBS development, budgeting, forecasting, change management, reporting & analysis, cash flow development, revenue recognition and detailed CIE/BIE, WIP analysis.
- Strong project accounting experience including internal controls and percentage of completion accounting.
- Successful track record of operating in a multifunctional environment collaborating with project delivery functions (engineering, construction, operations, supply chain management, etc.) to understand, analyse and document project scope and cost projections.
- Experience with tracking labour productivity and commodity reporting
- Experience in tracking daily and weekly physical progress and earned value calculations.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills particularly Excel as well as an aptitude for learning other specialized financial/project software packages.
- Able to assess, interpret and apply government, industry and company standards and specifications as required.
- Good working knowledge of contracts administration.
- Experience with working with subcontractors which may be intercompany or third party providers.
- Knowledge and experience utilizing JD Edwards and / or EcoSys considered an asset
Education / Certifications:
- Bachelors in Accounting Preferred
- PMP and CPA preferred
- Confident communicator at all levels internally and externally with the ability to articulate different points of view.
- Strong attention to detail and willing to engage when and where needed on projects.
- Collaborative team player with the ability to work independently as well.
- Strong work ethic.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage competing priorities and tight deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Travel will range from 40%-70% primarily in the US and Canada.
Quanta Services is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other protected characteristic, in accordance with governing law.