Quanta Services safely provides engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) services for comprehensive infrastructure needs in the electric power and oil and natural gas industries. With a workforce tens of thousands strong and offices across North America and abroad, Quanta is the premier provider in the industries it serves.
The Network Engineer (Voice) role is to assist in the design, implementation, maintenance, and support of Quanta Services growing VoIP, IP Telephony, and Telepresence infrastructure.
· Cisco Voice platforms including Unity and CUCM (11.X)
· Working knowledge of various network devices and services (e.g., Cisco routers, Cisco Nexus Data Center
· switches, Cisco ASA firewalls, A10 load balancers, VPN, QoS, Voice and Wireless systems support)
· Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security
· Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
· Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
· Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
· Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval
· and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
· Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team
· Coordinate with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree not required
· Minimum 5 Years Azure or other cloud infrastructure experience
· Minimum of 10 years server administration experience. (Design, Implement, Upgrade, Support, Maintain)
· Minimum of 8 years administration experience working with Windows Server and experience with current
· OS: 2008 to 2012 R2
· Minimum 7 years of supporting Data Center operations
· Experience working with IT Service Management systems
· Experience working with IT Asset Management systems
· Experience working with Knowledge Bases
· Experience supporting HP, Dell and/or Lenovo workstations
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS:
· Cisco CCNP certification required preferred in Voice
· Implement and troubleshoot CUCM (Cisco Unified Communication Manager 8.X, 9.X 11X
· Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
· Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
· Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools (SolarWinds
· and or Live Action)
· Implement policy based routing and use it with IP SLA for failover purposes
· Implement and troubleshoot L2,3 QOS
· Configure & Troubleshoot WAN – MPLS, MPLS/VPN, MPLS-GRE & BGP is a plus
· Configure & Troubleshoot Cisco ISE and ACS is a plus
· Configure & Troubleshoot IPSec VPN, AAA Architecture, TACACS+, RADIUS
· Configuring/Troubleshooting Routing protocols – EIGRP, OSPF, BGP
· Configure & Troubleshoot Cisco WLC and Cisco Prime are a plus
· Implement and troubleshoot CISCO Routers, switches and Firewalls using all routing and switching
· protocols and features
· Nexus OS 7k, 5k and 2 k configure and troubleshoot Data Center switches are a plus.
· Customer service oriented and proactive in anticipating and resolving problems while maximizing efficient
· use of available IT resources.
· Uses excellent problem-solving, communication, and interpersonal skills along with a patient, positive,
· and customer-friendly attitude within a team environment.
· Demonstrates outstanding customer orientation and desire to enable client productivity.
· Communicates effectively and efficiently with technical and non-technical audiences at all levels of
· organization; utilizes appropriate communication channels for given situations.
· Acts professionally and tactfully at all times and in all situations; maintains a professional demeanor
· and appearance.
· Produces high quality work results with a sense of urgency while maintaining a high level of focus on
· detail, exactness and completeness.
· Builds leveraging relationships & teamwork environment with clients, peers and other IT teams that
· facilitate knowledge and information sharing; contribute to team’s body of knowledge; being recognized
· as a dependable member of team and a source of positive energy and attitude for clients and team.
· Able to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
Quanta Services is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other protected characteristic, in accordance with governing law.