The Accountant, Corporate Accounting assists in the daily operations of the finance department including but not limited participation in preparing general accounting journal entries as assigned, monthly closing and accounting analysis and supporting the Senior Accountant in carrying out responsibilities in the accounts division.
• Responsible for maintaining and reconciling balance sheet accounts: pre-paid and designated liability accounts.
• Responsible for preparing and distributing roll-forward schedules to other divisions for financial reporting.
• Assists the Senior Accountant with the review of intercompany billings for completeness and accuracy and collecting proper support for monthly intercompany billings.
• Processes and uploads monthly PCARD transactions, reviews data for proper coding, missing coding, report suspicious activity or purchases.
• Assists with monthly review and distribution of department profit and loss statements and actuals vs forecast.
• Prepares any adjusting entries identified during review process and responses from department heads.
• Collects and understanding responses from department managers for explanations on unusual items and actuals vs forecast variances.
• Assists in interim and year end audit requests and schedules as assigned, both external and internal audits.
• Assists with closing the books, with producing monthly profit and loss statements, and worth preparing, reviewing and submitting assigned Hyperion files.
• Reviews subsequent disbursements and proposes accruals for month end hard close.
• Assists with accounts receivables and payables as needed.
• Stays in compliance with internal financial controls and associated procedures.
• Intermediate Knowledge and ability to work with different types of accounting software such as ERP systems, Excel, Word and other to create
• Experience with JD Edwards, Insight, HFM preferred
• Knowledge of accounting principles & processes – Month end , A/P , journal entries, reconciliations
• Travels up to 5% of time.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance and 3 years of experience in finance, public accounting or corporate accounting.